Countdown to 2015 Reports
Countdown launched its 2015 Report, A Decade of Tracking Progress for Maternal, Newborn and Child Survival: The 2015 Report, on October 19, 2015, at the first Global Maternal & Newborn Health Conference, held in Mexico City. Reports produced prior to the 2015 Report can be found at the links below.
Countdown to 2015 Briefing Notes
In addition to reports, Countdown to 2015 produced several Briefing Notes representing the most recent Countdown findings at the time on specific areas of interest. These thematic or country-focused policy briefs offered evidence-based, actionable Countdown data, analysis, and charts, in a concise and straightforward format for use by advocates and policy makers and are available for download by clicking here.
Countdown to 2015 Publications
The following is complete list of publications generated under Countdown to 2015. To view the publications produced under Countdown to 2030, please click here.
- Keats EC, Macharia W, Singh NS, Akseer N, Ravishankar N, Ngugi AK, Rizvi A, Khaemba EN, Tole J, Bhutta ZA. Accelerating Kenya’s progress to 2030: understanding the determinants of under-five mortality from 1990 to 2015. BMJ Glob Health. 2018 May 24;3(3):e000655. doi: 10.1136/bmjgh-2017-000655. eCollection 2018.
- Grollman C, Cavallaro FL, Duclos D, Bakare V, Martínez Álvarez M, Borghi J. Donor funding for family planning: levels and trends between 2003 and 2013. Health Policy Plan. 2018 May 1;33(4):574-582. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czy006.
- Borghi J, Munthali S, Million LB, Martinez-Alvarez M. Health financing at district level in Malawi: an analysis of the distribution of funds at two points in time. Health Policy Plan. 2018 Jan 1;33(1):59-69. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czx130.
- Martinez-Alvarez M, Acharya A, Arregoces L, Brearley L, Pitt C, Grollman C, Borghi J. Trends In The Alignment And Harmonization Of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, And Child Health Funding, 2008-13. Health Aff (Millwood). 2017 Nov;36(11):1876-1886. doi: 10.1377/hlthaff.2017.0364.
- Ruducha J, Mann C, Singh NS, Gemebo TD, Tessema NS, Baschieri A, Friberg I, Zerfu TA, Yassin M, Franca GA, Berman P. How Ethiopia achieved Millennium Development Goal 4 through multisectoral interventions: a Countdown to 2015 case study. Lancet Glob Health. 2017 Nov;5(11):e1142-e1151. doi: 10.1016/S2214-109X(17)30331-5.
- Ewerling F, Lynch JW, Victora CG, van Eerdewijk A, Tyszler M, Barros AJD4. The SWPER index for women’s empowerment in Africa: development and validation of an index based on survey data. The Lancet Global Health. 2017 Sep;5(9):e916-e923. doi: 10.1016/S2214-109X(17)30292-9.
- Gao, Y, Zhou H, Singh N, Powell-Jackson T, Nash S, Yang M, Guo S, Fang H, Martinez Alvarez M, Liu X, Pan J, Wang Y, and Ronsmans C. Progress and challenges in maternal health in western China: a Countdown to 2015 national case study. The Lancet Global Health. March 2017. http://www.thelancet.com/journals/langlo/article/PIIS2214-109X(17)30100-6/fulltext?rss=yes
- Grollman C, Arregoces L, Martinez-Alvarez M, Pitt C, Powell-Jackson T, Hsu J, Greco G, Borghi J. Developing a dataset to track aid for reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health, 2003–2013. Scientific Data 4, Article number: 170038 (2017). doi:10.1038/sdata.2017.38. http://www.nature.com/articles/sdata201738.
- Grollman C, Arregoces L, Martínez-Álvarez M, Pitt C, Mills A, Borghi J. 11 years of tracking aid to reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health: estimates and analysis for 2003-13 from the Countdown to 2015. The Lancet Global Health, Volume 5, Issue 1: January 2017, pages e104-114. DOI 1016/S2214-109X(16)30304-7
- Huicho L, Huayanay-Espinoza CA, Herrera-Perez E, Segura ER, Niño de Guzman J, Rivera-Ch M, Barros AJD. Factors behind the success story of under-five stunting in Peru: a district ecological multilevel analysis. BMC Pediatrics (2017) 17:29 DOI 1186/s12887-017-0790
- Keats EC, Ngugi A, Macharia W, Akseer N, Khaemba EN, Bhatti Z, Rizvi A, Tole J, Bhutta ZA. Progress and priorities for reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health in Kenya: a Countdown to 2015 country case study. The Lancet Global Health. 2017 Aug;5(8):e782-e795. doi: 1016/S2214-109X(17)30246-2.
- Malik MA, Nahyoun AS, Rizvi A, Bhatti ZA, Bhutta ZA. Expenditure tracking and review of reproductive maternal, newborn and child health policy in Pakistan. Health Policy Plan.Volume 32, Issue 6, 1 July 2017, Pages 781–790, https://doi.org/10.1093/heapol/czx021
- Pitt C, Grollman C, Martínez-Álvarez M, Arregoces L, Lawn JE, Borghi J. Countdown to 2015: an analysis of donor funding for prenatal and neonatal health, 2003-2013. BMJ Global Health 4 April 2017. http://gh.bmj.com/content/2/2/e000205
- Pozo-Martin F, Nove A, Castro Lopes S, Campbell J, Buchan J, Dussault G, Kunjumen T, Cometto G, Siyam A. Health workforce metrics pre- and post-2015: a stimulus to public policy and planning. Human Resources for Health 15:14 (February 2017). DOI: 1186/s12960-017-0190-7
- Akseer N, Salehi A, Hossain S et al. Achieving maternal and child health gains in Afghanistan: a Countdown to 2015 country case study. The Lancet Global Health 2016; 4: e395-e413. doi: 1016/S2214-109X(16)30002-X.
- Amouzou A, Requejo J, Park L, Peters DH. Achieving maternal and child health gains in Afghanistan: a Countdown to 2015 country case study by Akseer et al., 2016. The Lancet Global Health 2016;4:e395-413. Commentary in Public Health Emerg 2016;1:39.
- Bryce J, Colbourn T et al, Malawi and Millennium Development Goal 4: a Countdown to 2015 country case study. The Lancet Global Health, 21 January 2016. DOI: 1016/S2214-109X(15)00294-6.
- Carvajal-Vélez L, Amouzou A, Perin J, Maïga A, Tarekegn H, Akinyemi A, Shiferaw S, Young M, Bryce J, Newby H, Diarrhea management in children under five in sub-Saharan Africa: does the source of care matter? A Countdown analysis. BMC Public Health (2016) 16:830 DOI 1186/s12889-016-3475-1
- Gon G, Restrepo-Méndez MC, Campbell,OMR, Barros AJD, Woodd S, Benova L, (2016) Who Delivers without Water? A Multi Country Analysis of Water and Sanitation in the Childbirth Environment. PLoS ONE 11(8): e0160572. DOI:1371/journal.pone.0160572
- Hosseinpoor, AR, et al. State of inequality in diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis immunisation coverage in low-income and middle-income countries: a multicountry study of household health surveys. The Lancet Global Health. 2016;4(9):e617-e26 doi 10.1016/S2214-109X(16)30141-3
- Huicho L, Segura ER, Huayanay-Espinoza CA, de Guzman JN, Restrepo-Méndez MC, Tam Y, et al. Child health and nutrition in Peru within an antipoverty political agenda: a Countdown to 2015 country case study. The Lancet Global Health. 2016;4(6):e414-e26. doi: 10.1016/S2214-109X(16)00085-1.
- Kanyuka M, Ndawala J, Mleme T et al. Malawi and Millennium Development Goal 4: a Countdown to 2015 country case study. The Lancet Global Health 2016; 4: e201-e214. doi: 10.1016/S2214-109X(15)00294-6.
- Leone T, Cetorelli V, Neal S, Matthews Z, Financial accessibility and user fee reforms for maternal healthcare in five sub-Saharan countries: a quasi-experimental analysis. BMJ Open2016; 6:1 e009692. DOI: 1136/bmjopen-2015-009692.
- Owen HJ, Singh NS, Berman P, Lawn JE (Eds.). Countdown to 2015 Country Case Studies: Analysing Progress Towards Maternal and Child Survival in the Millennium Development Goal Era. BMC Public Health 2016, 16 (suppl 2):791.
- Countries’ progress for women’s and children’s health in the Millennium Development Goal era: the Countdown to 2015 experience
Peter Berman, Jennifer Requejo, Zulfiqar A. Bhutta, Neha S. Singh, Helen Owen and Joy E. Lawn. BMC Public Health 2016 16(Suppl 2):791
- Accountability for women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health in the Sustainable Development Goal era
Carmen Barroso, Winfred Lichuma, Elizabeth Mason, Pali Lehohla, Vinod K. Paul, Giorgi Pkhakadze, Dakshitha Wickremarathne and Alicia Eli Yamin. BMC Public Health 2016 16(Suppl 2):799
- Devolving countdown to countries: using global resources to support regional and national action
Zulfiqar A. Bhutta and Mickey Chopra. BMC Public Health 2016 16(Suppl 2):793
- Countdown to 2015 country case studies: what have we learned about processes and progress towards MDGs 4 and 5?
Corrina Moucheraud, Helen Owen, Neha S. Singh, Courtney Kuonin Ng, Jennifer Requejo, Joy E. Lawn and Peter Berman. BMC Public Health 2016 16(Suppl 2):794
- Countdown to 2015 country case studies: systematic tools to address the “black box” of health systems and policy assessment
Neha S. Singh, Luis Huicho, Hoviyeh Afnan-Holmes, Theopista John, Allisyn C. Moran, Tim Colbourn, Chris Grundy, Zoe Matthews, Blerta Maliqi, Matthews Mathai, Bernadette Daelmans, Jennifer Requejo and Joy E. Lawn. BMC Public Health 2016 16(Suppl 2):790
- Countdown to 2015 country case studies: what can analysis of national health financing contribute to understanding MDG 4 and 5 progress?
Carlyn Mann, Courtney Ng, Nadia Akseer, Zulfiqar A Bhutta, Josephine Borghi, Tim Colbourn, Patricia Hernández-Peña, Luis Huicho, Muhammad Ashar Malik, Melisa Martinez-Alvarez, Spy Munthali, Ahmad Shah Salehi, Mekonnen Tadesse, Mohammed Yassin and Peter Berman. BMC Public Health 2016 16(Suppl 2):792
- Subnational variation for care at birth in Tanzania: is this explained by place, people, money or drugs?
Corinne E. Armstrong, Melisa Martínez-Álvarez, Neha S. Singh, Theopista John, Hoviyeh Afnan-Holmes, Chris Grundy, Corrine W. Ruktanochai, Josephine Borghi, Moke Magoma, Georgina Msemo, Zoe Matthews, Gemini Mtei and Joy E. Lawn. BMC Public Health 2016 16(Suppl 2):795
- Examining national and district-level trends in neonatal health in Peru through an equity lens: a success story driven by political will and societal advocacy
Luis Huicho, Carlos A. Huayanay-Espinoza, Eder Herrera-Perez, Jessica Niño de Guzman, Maria Rivera-Ch, Maria Clara Restrepo-Méndez and Aluisio J. D. Barros. BMC Public Health 2016 16(Suppl 2):796
- Coverage and inequalities in maternal and child health interventions in Afghanistan
Nadia Akseer, Zaid Bhatti, Arjumand Rizvi, Ahmad S. Salehi, Taufiq Mashal and Zulfiqar A. Bhutta. BMC Public Health 2016 16(Suppl 2):797
- Countries’ progress for women’s and children’s health in the Millennium Development Goal era: the Countdown to 2015 experience
- Restrepo-Mendez MC, Barros AJ, Wong KL, Johnson HL, Pariyo G, Wehrmeister FC, et al. Missed opportunities in full immunization coverage: findings from low- and lower-middle-income countries. Glob Health Action. 2016;9:30963. doi: 3402/gha.v9.30963
- Restrepo-Mendez MC, Barros AJ, Wong KL, Johnson HL, Pariyo G, Franca GV, et al. Inequalities in full immunization coverage: trends in low- and middle-income countries. Bull World Health Organ. 2016;94(11):794-805b. DOI: 2471/BLT.15.162172
- Saad-Haddad G, DeJong J, Terreri N, Restrepo-Mendez MC, Perin J, Vaz L, et al. Patterns and determinants of antenatal care utilization: analysis of national survey data in seven countdown countries. J Glob Health. 2016;6(1):010404. doi: 7189/jogh.06.010404
- Tam Y, Huicho L, Huayanay-Espinoza CA, Restrepo-Méndez MC, (2016) Remaining missed opportunities of child survival in Peru: modelling mortality impact of universal and equitable coverage of proven interventions. BMC Public Health 16:1048. DOI 1186/s12889-016-3668-7
- Victora, C. Socioeconomic inequalities in Health: Reflections on the academic production from Brazil. International Journal for Equity in Health. 2016;15(1):164. DOI:1186/s12939-016-0456-z
- Victora CG, Requejo JH, Barros AJ, Berman P, Bhutta Z, Boerma T, et al. Countdown to 2015: a decade of tracking progress for maternal, newborn, and child survival. 2016;387(10032):2049-59. DOI:10.1016/S0140-6736(15)00519-X
- Victora CG, Bahl R, Barros AJ, Franca GV, Horton S, Krasevec J, et al. Breastfeeding in the 21st century: epidemiology, mechanisms, and lifelong effect. 2016;387(10017):475-90. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(15)01024-7.
- Wehrmeister FC, Restrepo-Mendez MC, Franca GVA, Victora CG and Barros AJD, (2016) Summary indices for monitoring universal coverage in maternal and child health care. Bull World Health Organ 94:903-12. DOI 10.2471/BLT.16.173138
- Special Issue: Family Planning in Global Health Action 2015, volume 8
- Choi Y, Short Fabic M, Hounton S, Koroma D. Meeting demand for family planning within a generation: prospects and implications at country level.
- Barros A, Boerma T, Hosseinpoor A, Restrepo-Méndez M, Wong K, Victora C. Estimating family planning coverage from contraceptive prevalence using national household surveys.
- Maïga A, Hounton S, Amouzou A et al. Trends and patterns of modern contraceptive use and relationships with high-risk births and child mortality in Burkina Faso.
- Shiferaw S, Abdullah M, Mekonnen Y et al. Trends in contraceptive use and distribution of births with demographic risk factors in Ethiopia: a sub-national analysis.
- Akinyemi A, Adedini S, Hounton S et al. Contraceptive use and distribution of high-risk births in Nigeria: a sub-national analysis.
- Hounton S, Barros A, Amouzou A et al. Patterns and trends of contraceptive use among sexually active adolescents in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, and Nigeria: evidence from cross-sectional studies.
- Hounton S, Winfrey W, Barros A, Askew I. Patterns and trends of postpartum family planning in Ethiopia, Malawi, and Nigeria: evidence of missed opportunities for integration.
- Perin J, Walker N. Potential confounding in the association between short birth intervals and increased neonatal, infant, and child mortality.
- Afnan-Holmes H, Magoma M et al for the Tanzanian Countdown Country Case Study Group, Tanzania’s Countdown to 2015: an analysis of two decades of progress and gaps for reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health, to inform priorities for post-2015. The Lancet Global Health 2015; 3: e396-409, July 2015. DOI: 1016/S2214-109X(15)00059-5.
- Arregoces L, Daly F, Pitt C et al, Countdown to 2015: changes in official development assistance to reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health, and assessment of progress between 2003 and 2012. The Lancet Global Health 2015; 3, e410-421, July 2015. DOI 1016/S2214-109X(15)00057-1.
- Bhutta ZA, Chopra M, Moving ahead: what will a renewed Countdown to 2030 for Women and Children look like? (Viewpoint). Lancet, 17 October 2015. DOI: 1016/S0140-6736(15)00527-9.
- Carter E, Bryce J, Perin J, Newby H. Harmful practices in the management of childhood diarrhea in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review. BMC Public Health 2015; 15. doi: 10.1186/s12889-015-2127-1
- Hosseinpoor AR, Bergen N, Schlotheuber A, International Center for Equity in Health. State of inequality: Reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2015.
- Perin J, Carvajal-Velez L, Carter E, Bryce J, Newby H. Fluid curtailment during childhood diarrhea: a countdown analysis. BMC Public Health 2015; 15. doi: 10.1186/s12889-015-1878-z.
- Requejo JH, Bhutta ZA, The post-2015 agenda: staying the course in maternal and child survival. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2015; 100:S76-S81 doi:10.1136/archdischild-2013-305737.
- Restrepo-Mendez MC, Barros AJ, Black RE, Victora CG. Time trends in socio-economic inequalities in stunting prevalence: analyses of repeated national surveys. Public Health Nutr. 2015;18(12):2097-104. doi: 10.1017/S1368980014002924
- Restrepo-Mendez MC, Barros AJ, Requejo J, Duran P, Serpa LA, Franca GV, et al. Progress in reducing inequalities in reproductive, maternal, newborn,’ and child health in Latin America and the Caribbean: an unfinished agenda. Rev Panam Salud Publica. 2015;38(1):9-16.
- Victora C, Requejo JH, Bryce J et al, Countdown to 2015: a decade of tracking progress for maternal, newborn, and child survival. Lancet, 17 October 2015. DOI: 1016/S0140-6736(15)00519-X.
- El Arifeen S, Hill K, Ahsan KZ, et al, Maternal mortality in Bangladesh: a Countdown to 2015 country case study. Lancet, 30 June 2014. DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(14)60955-7.
- Hunter BM, Requejo J et al, National health policy-makers’ views on the clarity and utility of Countdown to 2015 country profiles and reports: findings from two exploratory qualitative studies. Health Research Policy and Systems, 2014, 12:40, 15 August 2014. DOI: 10.1186/1478-4505-12-40.
- Maternal & Child Nutrition in the 75 Countdown countries, November 2014 [94 kb]
- Requejo J, Bryce J, Barros A, et al, Countdown to 2015 and beyond: fulfilling the health agenda for women and children. Lancet, 30 June 2014. DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(14)60925-9.
- Requejo J, Victora C, Bryce J. Data Resource Profile: Countdown to 2015: Maternal, Newborn and Child Survival. International Journal of Epidemiology, 16 March 2014, 2.86 MB]DOI: 10.1093/ije/dyu034
- Hsu J, Pitt C, Berman P, Mills A, Reproductive health priorities: evidence from a resource tracking analysis of official development assistance in 2009 and 2010, Lancet, 18 May 2013. DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(13)60762-X
- Walker N, Yenokyan G, Friberg I, Bryce J, Patterns in coverage of maternal, newborn, and child health interventions: projections of neonatal and under-5 mortality to 2035, Lancet, 21 September 2013. DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(13)61748-1[547 KB]
- Amouzou A, Habi O, Bensaïd K, Reduction in child mortality in Niger: a Countdown to 2015 country case study.Lancet, 21 September 2012. DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61376-2 (PDF)
- Barros A, Ronsmans C, Axelson H, et al., Equity in maternal, newborn, and child health interventions in Countdown to 2015: a retrospective review of survey data from 54 countries. Lancet, 31 March 2012. 379 (9822), 1225-1233. (PDF)
- Bhutta Z, Chopra M, The Countdown for 2015: what lies ahead? Lancet, 21 September 2012. DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61382-8.(PDF)
- Countdown 2012 Report Writing Group, Comment: Building a future for women and children. Lancet, 9 June 2012. 379 (9832), 2121-2122. (PDF)
- Hsu J, Pitt C, Greco G, Berman P, Mills A, Countdown to 2015: changes in official development assistance to maternal, newborn, and child health in 2009–10, and assessment of progress since 2003. Lancet,21 September 2012. DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61415-9) . (PDF)
- Sanda S, Comment: Niger’s success in child survival.Lancet, 21 September 2012. DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61514-1. (PDF)
- Victora C, Barros A, et al, How changes in coverage affect equity in maternal and child health interventions in 35 Countdown to 2015 countries: an analysis of national surveys. Lancet, 21 September 2012. DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61427-5. (PDF)
- Gupta M, Maliqi B, França A, et al., Human resources for maternal, newborn and child health: from measurement and planning to performance for improved health outcomes. Human Resources for Health. 2011, 9:16. (PDF)
- Monitoring maternal, newborn and child health: understanding key progress indicators, authored in partnership with the Health Metrics Network, UNICEF, and the World Health Organization, November 2011
- Saving Newborn Lives in Nigeria: Newborn health in the context of the Integrated Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Strategy, produced by the Federal Ministry of Health of Nigeria, in partnership with Countdown to 2015, Save the Children, Maternal and Child Health Integrated Program, Jhpiego, and the U.S. Agency for International Development, in collaboration with the World Health Organization, UNFPA, UNICEF, PRINN-MNCH, and the Paediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), January 2011
- Bhutta Z, Chopra M, et al., Countdown to 2015 decade report (2000–10): taking stock of maternal, newborn, and child survival. Lancet. 375 (9730): 2032-2044
- Pitt C, Greco G, Powell-Jackson T, Mills A, Countdown to 2015: assessment of official development assistance to maternal, newborn, and child health, 2003—08. Lancet. 376 (9751): 1485-1496. (PDF)
- The Lancet: Full Countdown issue, April 12, 2008.
- Countdown Coverage Writing Group on behalf of the Countdown to 2015 Core Group, Countdown to 2015 Maternal, Newborn and Child Survival: the 2008 report on tracking coverage for interventions. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1247-1258. (PDF)
- Countdown 2008 Equity Analysis Group, Mind the gap: equity and trends in coverage of maternal, newborn and child health services in 54 Countdown countries. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1259-1267. (PDF)
- Greco G, Powell-Jackson T, Borghi J, Mills A, Countdown to 2015: assessment of donor assistance to maternal, newborn and child health between 2003 and 2006. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1268-1275. (PDF)
- Masanja H, de Savigny D, Smithson P, et al., Child survival gains in Tanzania: analysis of data from demographic and health surveys. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1276-1283. (PDF)
- Countdown Working Group on Health Policy and Health Systems, Assessment of the health system and policy environment as a critical complement to tracking intervention coverage for maternal newborn and child health. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1284-1293. (PDF)
- South Africa Every Death Counts Writing Group, Every death counts: use of mortality audit data for decision making to save the lives of mothers, babies and children in South Africa. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1294-1304. (PDF)
- Heikens G, Bunn J, Amadi B, Viewpoint: Case management of HIV-infected severely malnourished children: challenges in the area of highest prevalence. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1305-1307. (PDF)
- Salama P, Lawn J, Bryce J, et al., Comment: Making the Countdown count. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1219-1221. (PDF)
- Horton R, Comment: Countdown to 2015: a report card on maternal, newborn and child survival. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1217-1219. (PDF)
- Bustreo F, Johnsson A, Comment: Parliamentarians: leading the change for maternal, newborn, and child survival?. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1221-1222. (PDF)
- Bernstein S, Say L, Chowdhury S, Comment: Sexual and reproductive health: completing the continuum. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1225-1226. (PDF)
- Shankar A, Bartlett L, et al., on behalf of the Countdown to 2015 Maternal Health Group, Comment: Delivery of MDG 5 by active management with data. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1223-1224. (PDF)
- Stoltenberg J, Comment: Delivering for women and children. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1230-1232. (PDF)
- The Lancet, Editorial: South Africa in the spotlight. Lancet. 371 (9620): 1215. (PDF)
- Lawn J, Costello A, Mwansambo C, Osrin D, Countdown to 2015: will the Millennium Development Goal for child survival be met? Archives of Disease in Childhood. 2007 June; 92(6): 551–556. (PDF)
- Bryce J, Terreri N, Victora C, Mason E, et al., Countdown to 2015: tracking intervention coverage for child survival. Lancet. 368 (9541): 1067-1076. (PDF)
- Horton R, A new global commitment to child survival. Lancet. 368 (9541): 1041-1042. (PDF)
- Powell-Jackson T, Borghi J, Mueller D, Patouillard E, Mills A, Countdown to 2015: tracking donor assistance to maternal, newborn, and child health. Lancet. 368 (9541): 1077-1087. (PDF)
- Bryce J, Victora C, on behalf of the Conference Organizing Group, Comment: Child survival: countdown to 2015. Lancet. 365 (9478): 2153-2154. (PDF)