The Countdown to 2030 collaboration in Côte d'Ivoire includes Institut National de Santé Publique (INSP) and the Africa Population and Health Research Center. It aims to strengthen the analysis and synthesis of health data to inform national and local reviews of progress and performance in the context of Côte d'Ivoire’s national health plans and Global Financing Facility (GFF) investment case for reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH+N).
In Côte d'Ivoire, the GFF Investment Case has been implemented since the first quarter of 2020. The desired impact is the reduction of maternal, neonatal and infant and child mortality. The indicators in the investment case’s results framework will be reviewed during the annual and mid-term reviews of the five-year plans for RMNCAH+N or the health sector in general.
Countdown to 2030 will support this process by rigorously analyzing existing data to describe the progress and performance of the RMNCAH+N program. This support will be provided in partnership with the INSP. As the lead institution at local level, the INSP works in close collaboration with the Institut National de la Statistique (INS) and the Ministère de la Santé et de l'Hygiène publique through the Direction de l'Informatique et de l'Information, as well as the coordinating directorates of the Programme National de la Santé de la Mère et de l'Enfant, the National Nutrition Program, the National School and University Health Program - Adolescent and Youth Health and the Expanded Immunization Program.
Achievements for 2020-2022
During 2020-2022, the Côte d’Ivoire country collaboration completed:
- A scoping review of key RMNCH indicators in the investment case to identify key thematic issues.
- In-depth data analysis, including geospatial, equity and coverage analysis.
- Two analytical workshops to strengthen the team’s analytical capabilities.
- A midterm review report of the RMNCAH+N program, highlighting progress and performance towards national and sub-national targets.
- Other communication products, including guidance notes, statistical profiles, web portals and fact sheets.
- Two peer-reviewed journal articles and a national poster.
- Recommendations to improve monitoring of the RMNCAH+N program.
- Analysis for the urban health project.
Research planned for 2023-2025
Planned analyses for the current funding phase include:
- Progress and performance of RMNCAH+N indicators (2023).
- An analytical report on Côte d'Ivoire's transition in maternal and neonatal health, with a focus on place of delivery and its strategic implications (including data analysis workshops and validation of results by the technical committee).
- The annual summary report on family planning coverage indicators (including data analysis workshops and validation of results by the technical committee).
- A study on health financing.
- Progress and performance of RMNCAH indicators (2024).
- Annual summary report on family immunization coverage indicators (including data analysis workshops and validation of results by the technical committee) (2025).