UNICEF new Executive Director Keynote Speaker
The new Executive Director of UNICEF, Anthony Lake, will be the key note speaker at the main Plenary Session of the Countdown to 2015 Conference at Women Deliver 2010.
With only five years left before the 2015 deadline for achieving the Millennium Development Goals, Countdown is holding its conference together with Women Deliver 2010 from 7-9 June 2010 in Washington D.C., U.S.A. The Countdown 2010 Report – its first new data release since 2008 – is being launched at the conference, and its key findings will be presented and discussed at Countdown to 2015 sessions. Countdown sessions will take place throughout the Women Deliver conference.
Please download the complete Countdown to 2015 Conference Programme (2010) which will be held at Women Deliver 2010. This Agenda may be updated before the Countdown to 2015 Conference 2010, 7-9 June 2010.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAMME: Countdown to 2015 for Maternal, Newborn, and Child Survival—the 2010 Report
Tuesday 8:30am–10:30am Room 146A
- Welcome and introduction : More than counting numbers
Anthony Lake, Executive Director, UNICEF
- Countdown to 2015 . . . monitoring progress & advocating for solutions
Zulfiqar A. Bhutta, Professor & Founding Chair, Women and Child Health Division, Aga Khan University, Pakistan and Co-chair of 2010 Countdown Group
- Mortality and coverage: where are we in 2010?
Tessa Wardlaw, Chief Statistics and Monitoring, UNICEF and
Jennifer Bryce, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University
- Financing MNCH: current levels, the need, and the gap
Peter Berman, Lead Health Economist, The World Bank
Other COUNTDOWN TO 2015 SESSIONS
- New Research Findings on MNCH — hot off the presses!
- Community Approaches for Increasing Coverage of Child Health Interventions: Malawi puts Evidence to Practice
- Trends in Funding Levels for MNCH
- Equity in RMNCH – What Have We Learned?
- Costing MNCH Programs and Interventions
- Human Resources for MNCH: from Global Reporting to Improved Performance and Outcomes
- MNCH Intervention Coverage, Policies and Systems: the 2010 Countdown Findings