About 10 mid-career researchers will be selected for the inaugural cohort of Countdown fellows. Fellows will receive mentoring that will enable them to develop and complete a research project.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be based at a Countdown collaboration institution in a country with an ongoing Countdown collaboration.
- Have at least a master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, global health, demography, biostatistics or any related field with a specialization in reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health.
- Be less than 45 years old at the time of application.
- Have research experience.
Applications are due by April 30, 2023 at GMT, for the 0ne-year fellowship. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply; women will comprise 50% of the selected cohort.
Selected fellows will:
- Contribute to country collaboration activities by leading the drafting of reports or other technical and communication products.
- Attend two training workshops at the African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC).
- Attend virtual and face-to-face meetings with mentors and technical facilitators.
- Draft and submit at least one article to an international peer-reviewed journal at the end of the fellowship.
- Submit progress report every three months.
For more instructions about how to apply: